- Provide universal service and access strategy, policy and leadership;
- Facilitate interventions in ensuring affordable and equitable access and usage;
- Monitor and evaluate effective use and social appropriation;
- Efficient and effective management of the Universal Service and Access Fund;
- Achieve project based organisational excellence
- To make ICT’s available, accessible and affordable to all South Africans through the provision of funding from USAF, in collaboration with the ICT stakeholders;
- To undertake continuous research to promote, encourage, facilitate and offer guidance regarding Universal Service and Access, with a view to inform policy and regulatory processes;
- To monitor and evaluate the extent to which Universal Service and Access have been achieved in order to assess the impact of the ECA in this regard;
- To ensure the optimal functioning of the Agency by strengthening its current strategic and operational capabilities in order to deliver on its mandate.
By 2020 USAASA with its partners, will have created an environment where everyman, woman and child whether living in the remote areas of the Kalahari or in urban areas of Gauteng will be able to connect, speak, explore and study using ICT.
USAASA is the leading organisation in the promotion of the goals of universal service and access to Information Communication Technology services for socio-economic development. : source 2010/2011 business plan.
To facilitate the establishment of access to ICT services in partnership with all stakeholders towards achievement of an information society.
Facilitate multi sectoral networks towards improving the public profile of the universal access and service: Source – 2010/2011 business plan.
- Batho Pele – We believe in the provision of excellent service to all our customers and stakeholders;
- Ubuntu – We promote an environment of humanness, caring and support;
- Integrity – We uphold high standards of trust, honesty and respect in our interaction with all takeholders;
- Innovation – We support employee creativity in delivering all our services;
- Transparency – We encourage openness in all our activities;
- Accountability – We foster employee ownership and responsibility in ensuring quality service;
- Teamwork – We endeavour to create a harmonious work environment where all employee views and contributions are respected.
Source: 2010/11 Business Plan
- Service Excellence, Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Promotion of Batho-Pele ethos
- Passion for establishment of Information Society